Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome to the blog

The book is finally out, the Web site is almost ready, but I still have yet to write my first blog post. There are plenty of items to cover and lots of ideas running through my head, but adding the first entry to this page has been a lot more like staring at a blank canvas than I had expected it would be. It reminds me of the time period last winter and spring when I had completed all the preliminary book interviews but kept finding things to distract me from sitting down to pull it all together and start writing the book! Luckily, blog posts are a lot more immediate and will hopefully chew up fewer brain cells. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to share some great images too!

On that note, I'm going to try my hand at adding an image here...


Dumbo Vista © Jill Waterman

I've selected this view of the Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn waterfront in honor of an exhibition inspired by the book that will be happening in Dumbo next spring.

This image is also being used to promote a night photography workshop I will be doing with Adorama Workshops this November.

I'll be posting much more about these and other events in the future, so please stay tuned for future updates. That's it for now, time to start a second post!